Covid-19: Ganduje begs for help after Kano cemetery records 70 burials in two days

As the Federal Government stepped up efforts to curb COVID-19 in Kano, the state Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, on Tuesday called for more testing centres  in the state.

The governor, according to a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, by Abba Anwar,  made the call when the NCDC,  Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu, visited him at the Government House in Kano.

 

Read also: We are more worried about Kano’s surge – FG reveals

 

Kano State recorded its first  COVID-19 case on April 11 when a retired ambassador, who had gone on a trip to the United Kingdom, was diagnosed with the virus.

The cases shot up to 59 on Monday as 23 more persons were infected with the virus, whose spread was hastened by the index case, who was reported to have attended a Jumat prayer in Kano.

Abba Anwar in this statement said, “We need additional testing centres in the state. We need vehicles and protection kits.  We need coordination.  We need rapid responses and we need palliative.

“Kano is the third on the list of states with a high number of COVID-19 cases and is the most populated state in the federation. We, therefore, need financial support from the Federal Government.”

This is coming after Nigerian Television Authority reported that in Koki Quarters alone, there had been more than 70 deaths in two days and most of the deceased were elderly people.

According to the report, a resident, Ayuba Haruna, said, “They brought a number of remains of people amounting to 70 into in this cemetery

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here